How-To Orchid Videos Make Growing Just Add Ice Orchids Simple!
There’s no substitute for hands-on experience when it comes to learning something new – and that includes learning how to care for your Just Add Ice Orchids. People who have never owned an phalaenopsis orchid or even a house plant are often intimidated by orchids. Orchids have a not always deserved reputation for being hard to grow.
While there are some species of orchids that are extremely finicky and have exacting requirements when it comes to light, water, temperature and humidity (There are prima donnas in every group!), phalaenopsis orchids by Just Add Ice are amazingly simple to grow and require very little care. Even novice orchid owners can achieve stunning success with Just Add Ice Orchids.
While caring for your Just Add Ice Orchid may sound simple, people new to orchid growing may still be hesitant about their ability to succeed. As with anything new, instructions can be confusing, particularly if you don’t have a personal reference or understanding of basic gardening vocabulary. That’s the reason Just Add Ice Orchids has created a library of video orchid how-tos with step-by-step visual demonstrations of each phase of orchid care from basic ice cube watering to repotting.
Here’s a rundown of the helpful how-to orchid videos available on the Just Add Ice website:
- Simple orchid care information, including how to water your Just Add Ice orchid.
- How to repot your orchid plant, including correct soil mixture and tips on choosing the right pot for your plant. This video also demonstrates how to correctly cut orchid stems.
- How to trigger your Just Add Ice orchid to bloom again.
- Steps for selecting a healthy orchid.
- Tips for locating your orchid where it will receive adequate light.
- How to tell if your orchid is entering the dormant phase.
- Tips for providing correct water drainage and what to look for when selecting a pot for your orchid.